Look Good, Eat Good?

I know I've been posting about his a lot lately, but I'm hoping that this one might help some people participating in the same New Year's Resolution as I.

My goal this year is to eat healthier and bring my weight down and this week I started that long, hungry process by watching what I put into my body. Next week when I get back to school I'll also be hitting the gym 4-5 times a week (hopefully) to work in tandem with my diet as well as to keep my body strong and limber.

One lesson that was drilled into me as an athlete was the idea that if you look good you'll play good.  While this isn't a guarantee or an excuse not to practice as long as you look good; it definitely held some merit.  So I asked myself why couldn't I apply that same principle to getting healthy??

photo taken from Weldon website
So while I was out and about today I splurged a little and forwent my normal hair place and spent a little more money to get my hairs cut.  A while back I'd seen an ad for Weldon Barbers in the Inlander and have always wanted to try it out and today I did! Like I said, it was a little bit more than my usual hair cut at Oasis but I did get what I paid for.  Multiple hot towels on my face and neck, a wonderful scalp massage, honest conversation and... an absolutely top notch hair cut complete with straight-razor neck shave.  And to top it all off I can come in any time between now and my next scheduled hair appt. (which I will be making!) and get my neck and ears cleaned up for free! Turns out I like free:)

When I got home I looked in the mirror and whaddya know... I felt motivated for being healthier.  I saw that I looked good (relatively speaking) and realized that when I eat well I feel this good all the time! Hopefully I can stay motivated to be clean shaven and well-trimmed and that it will help remind me to eat better and exercise.  Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment