So. Much. Reading.

So, if you haven't noticed (because I know all of you are waiting on the edge of your seats for my next blog post) it's been a while since I've been blogging on a consistent basis. A lot of factors have contributed to this including 30+ hour work-weeks, 16 credit hours worth of school every week, house chores and all the other little things that a college kid does on a regular basis.

Also, in the past couple months I have read 9,888 pages worth of books and that has definitely taken a big chunk out of my social/creative life.  After starting The Wheel of Time series last summer it has taken me until tonight to read the thirteen books currently in publication. And after all that time, I am done... until the last book comes out in January that is!

The Wheel of Time
If you Google "the wheel of time" don't judge me because of how nerdy the covers are.  I'd like to say that they're not as nerdy (and a small part of me still holds to their coolness) but the truth is I'm a big ole' nerd and I read really nerdy books. That being said I would like to put out there that I have the utmost respect for authors Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson for their amazing work on this series. - Yes I did note two authors. This series is so long and so complex that the original author, Robert Jordan, unfortunately passed away before being able to complete his life-work.  Luckily he groomed Brandon Sanderson to take up where he was forced to leave off.

I would give a quick summary to this series but the reality is it would be impossible to offer "back cover version of events" for these books. The Wheel of Time is by far the most detailed and complex books that I have ever read (and most likely ever will).  Even thinking about it now, after the fact, it blows my mind. I have absolutely no idea how they kept track of all the plot lines and characters...

Regardless, if you're looking for a group of books to swallow your life for the next year or so you definitely need to check out this series. They can be found on the Amazon Kindle store as well as most bookstores across the country. Happy readings!

No comments:

Post a Comment